Ten Questions to Ask When Hiring a Contractor
It's your money, your property, and your peace of mind ask the questions!
- How long have you been in business?
- Have you completed projects like mine recently?
- Can you provide a list of references?
- To which professional associations do you belong?
- Will you be using subcontractors on this project? If so, are your subcontractors licensed to work in these areas (such as plumbing, roofing, etc.)?
- Are you licensed and registered with the state?
- Are you insured and covered by worker's compensation?
- Do you give written warranties?
- Will my project require a permit?
- Is this your profession or part-time job?
Answering these questions should help you determine if you can trust this person with your most valuable asset your home.